Saturday, March 16, 2013

She found a home...

...in an art quilt!

Here's the first of the girls. This quilt is 20'' x 10''. I had the embroidered "Create" waiting in a fabric book for about a year. It found a home too. She's in my shop now as well.


I love this fabric I found. It has a cute story throughout.



I learned something about my sewing machine and free motion quilting recently. I have been messing with the tension and things trying to get the back of my quilting "prettier", but there were always big loops and it was quite messy. A couple weeks ago, I went to do some free motion and forgot to drop my feed dogs.....and it worked better! It moved around better and got a lot cleaner on the back.
Everything I have watched and read says to drop those feed dogs...but I think I may never drop them again.


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Penny said...

She's wonderful!!!

Barbara said...

Loving this wall hanging, so charming. Some of the machine quilters I know swear they will never drop the feed dogs again either. I wonder how that questionable advice ever started!

Unknown said...

Amazing work, Katie - your style is developing into something very magical and very unique. Interesting about the feed dogs. I'll have to try it. Always thought the needle would get caught in the dogs as you moved it around. hmmmm. xoDonna

Kim Mailhot said...

She looks perfect on this quilt ! Great job !
Happy Weekend !

sweetypie said...

hello katie, thankyou for visiting my blog, and now Iv found yours! if you shorten your stitch to zero and loosen top tension a bit -- you dont need to drop your feed dogs,I am now going to read your entire blog chat soon,,,,tina

Valerie-Jael said...

This is just stunning, well done you! Hugs, Valerie

Mail Art Dramas said...

I'm a hat lover, so I am charmed by you girl's red hat!

Joanna said...

Cute quilt!

Re your free motion issue - you live and learn, eh?

xx