Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 5: Raw Food (Meanwhile, my husband roasted a whole chicken)

Eating in the raw continues.
A fruit smoothie this morning. The oats I made the other day for brunch. Healthy snacks of celery with tahini and golden raisins. Fresh fruit.

( and, yes, I resisted the chicken.)

Pomegranate- always worth the work.


Tonight, I did a salad from the book. Peas, corn, pine nuts, pomegranate, and carrots, with a parsley dressing. The dressing is wonderful. 


I realized today that right after my week of raw food challenge is over, Indianapolis' "Devour Downtown" starts! Lots of restaurants running specials- perfect for exploring the city and new places to grab a bite! I already have my eye on a tapas place and a Turkish restaurant. 

6 comments:

craftattack said...

I bet that chicken was great! Have fun downtown! Hugs, Valerie

Donna, Doni, Lady D said...

ha ha, Katie - always thinking ahead. You've done a fabulous job of your week. I've thoroughly enjoyed following along. Pictures have been very tempting. Enjoy downtown. xodonna

Penny said...

This has been a fun week in your kitchen.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

That salad looks so fresh and wonderful. My lunch is usually a BIG salad - that's what WW likes, many fruits and veggies so this would be perfect.....xox

holly via bookandbird.com said...

The salad looks great, and it's really inspiring to see you going through with such a tough challenge! I'd love to try something like this.

Barbara said...

You go Katie, almost there! Not for me, but I'm enjoying it through you. ;)