Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Photo Booth Transfer


In anticipation of my photo transfer class next week I decided to give it a quick try. I used an old photo booth strip of my Grandma as a teen, layered on the paint, papers, words, stencils, there's glitter in there, and lots of gel medium and crackle. I just kept throwing stuff on! I'm not totally in love with this but an okay start. It made me realize I need a bit of a composition plan for my class...what kind of theme and what photos to transfer? I'll think on that.

8 comments:

Joanna said...

How fantastic to have and use photo booth photos of your Grandma as a teenager! I LOVE all the elements to this page, the wording, the stencil, the music, the swirls, the colours, all fab!

x

craftattack said...

It's really great, and a wonderful idea to use the photo of your Grandma!

Pipiluciana said...

I love it! I love how you incorporated your grandma's photos into it, very cool!

snohomishwriter said...

That is an interesting way of making art. It looks cool.

Donna, Doni, Lady D said...

How lovely you have the photos of your grandma, Katie! What did you use for the transfer process? Your class will be so much fun.

Artist Cridhe said...

I haven't tried photo transfer yet, but it looks really intriguing. I love the historical element. :)
Kerri

dosfishes said...

Experimentation is all the fun. Great play here. Enjoy your class. xox corrine

Lorraine said...

great transfers