Monday, August 13, 2012

News, and new goodies

 I am excited to tell everyone that my two 12'' x12''  art quilts made it into the show, "27 Feet of Art",  here in Olympia, WA!!  I am jumping for joy!  It's the first time I've entered a juried show.  They will be holding a silent auction to raise money for the Washington Center of Performing Arts on Sept. 21st! Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on facebook already! I appreciate it!


Also, my custom stamp for my shop came in the mail! Didn't she turn out cute! I couldn't carve one myself that was small enough, so she used my girl image and added in the words, and made it with a machine. The Etsy shop, Terbear, helped me out with it. She was great to work with.


While shopping there, I finally found the 'postcard' stamp I have been searching for forever. I had only been able to find the stamps that put the 'postcard' writing at the top, but have searched high and low for one with lines and stamp spot, etc. I'm loving it!


I just started a new art journal this weekend- it's all with mail art goodies. I will post those pictures tomorrow...or maybe later tonight!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again Katie! You have been a busy girl. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new stamp for your shop and really like the postcard stamp. I've never seen one of those either! Mail on the way --- sometime this year .. ha ha. xoDonna

Valerie-Jael said...

Great Katie - big congrats! And i am loving your new stamp! Hugs, Valerie

Penny said...

What an exciting post! Congratulations to you!!! Love your new stamp and also the postcard stamp. Both perfect for you.

Lisa Graham said...

Congratulations Katie! And your first juried show...how exciting! Feeling joy for you today!!

Love your little stamp...it's way way cute!

Anonymous said...

I just saw this, how did I miss it. Oh my gosh congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xox

Anonymous said...

Katie, I received one of your postcards today! I love it--thank you so much! Here's my blog post sending some love back to you: http://blog.sassyangelac.com/2012/08/16/my-first-liberated-postcard.aspx