Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas! ( I'm nearly computer-less)

Our laptop crashed today. Well, I guess that's one way to take a break, but I didn't really want to. I have blogs to visit and etsy shopping to do! Hee!  I may have limited accesss to a computer the next week, so I wanted to make sure to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Since I can't post anything new for the time being I thought it would be fun to post the quilt my mom and I made together. It was from over a year ago and I don't think a lot of you have seen it. We each made about 22 blocks, with all different fabrics, and quilted it on the longarm machine at a local quilt shop. We wanted to say we did the whole quilt. Mom being the more skilled sewing gal, finished the binding. It was a gift for my brother and his wife. I forget the dimensions but it's pretty much a king size quilt.



Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
xo

11 comments:

Penny said...

Its a lovely quilt. Have a wonderful holiday and hope that you are up and running soon!

Unknown said...

Oh Katie ... such a beautiful quilt and what wonderful memories for you and your mom. You are SO TALENTED! Your brother is a 'lucky duck'. Got your card and letter ... thanks and in case you are still down have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS. xxooDonna

Valerie-Jael said...

I can hardly believe it - just beautiful! What a treasure. You and your Mom are sure 2 clever girls! Have a good Christmas, Valerie

Emma said...

Wow, lucky peeps!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Joanna said...

Bad naughty laptop, beautiful gorgeous quilt!! Lucky lucky brother.

You and your Mom created a family heirloom, how wonderful (and clever).

xxx

My Creative House said...

Dear Katie yes a life without access to a computer is not easy, maybe it's because we are afraid to miss what's happening in blog land, your mother and you have sewn a fantastic quilt,wonderful colors, dear friend I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs Anni

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is spectacular Katie, you and your Mom sure do well creating together. Lucky family. Merry Christmas, enjoy and eat too much. Felting is hard work after all, you will work off extra pie. xox Corrine

Mail Art Dramas said...

Nice quilt.
Merry Christmas!

artymess said...

Katie Maerry Christmas looking forward to your creative inspiration for 2012 .....much love ...xx

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful quilt!
Wishing you and yours a fabulous holiday season and a prosperous New Year! :-)

Gaby xo

Gaby Bee said...

Beautiful quilt!
Wishing you and yours a fabulous holiday season and a prosperous New Year! :-)

Gaby xo