December is zooming by and a new year fast approaching. I pulled out my 2011 list of goals and was thinking about all the things I've done this year. I had specifically written on here "Keep the list in front of you" because I am always making these New Year's lists and never see them again until the following year, or later.
This year's list was all about crafts. In years past I have had things like "learn a musical instrument" on there...and, well, that didn't go far. However, I can play "Silent Night" on a harmonica...poorly.
Here's my list:
I did accomplish a few! Yay me! Ha!
1.Sign up for some classes ( egg tempura painting and mixed media with Serena Barton in Portland!)
2. Try more felted pincushions and submit them. ( I'll give myself a "sort of" on this. The felted dolls are sort of pincushions, too. Hee)
3. Submit my art doll (this I did do...still waiting to hear. Fingers crossed. It's a doll I've never posted.)
4. Try new doll techniques. ( Did a lot of that!)
5. Play with shrines. ( Still want to do more with those. And I have some great ones from Donna!! It'll be on the 2012 list!)
6. Small quilts. ( made 5 tops, finished one, bound 3 but haven't sewn...ugh)
7. Sewing brush cases (done, and gifted to friends)
8. More seasonal cards ( uh...this just didn't happen except for 3 I whipped up yesterday...)
9. Do a series of work. ( felted dolls...5 finished! Yay!)
10. Take more photos. ( Even got a new camera for my birthday in May. This one was easy!)
11. Make more from what I have. ( Hmmm, I did well in the fabric department on this one, but wool is another story!)
12. Less for blogs, more for me! ( When I first started this blog I was mainly doing challenge blogs and really ended up creating for those. It wasn't leaving time for what I really wanted to do. I had a great time, and it helped me find the things I really love to do, but I definately moved into more creating for me and my mood now.)
I didn't even have "open an etsy shop" on my list, but that has also been a fun new adventure. And thank you all for your kind supportive encouragement! It's going along well...and for 2012 I may have to put on my list "less for etsy, more for me"! Ha! I am definately the kind of person who right out of the gate is pretty obsessed with things...oh, I'll admit it, I'm a bit of an etsy junkie these days!
We still have a few weeks to go and Christmas is nearly here, but it was fun to pull out my sketchbook and look at what I have done this year.
I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season. See you soon.