Monday, July 23, 2012

The Friends We Make Through Mail Art

One of my Good Mail Day friends is Lubomyr in Ukraine. I think we've been exchanging mail art since 2010 already. She always does the coolest stuff with hand carved stamps and altering what I send her. Sometimes we get a little rough made book going, nothing fancy, and swap it back and forth, each adding elements, and stamping the heck out of it. This one is just using part of a folder.

Today, I gathered up her latest stamps, and various things of mine, and put together this book with plenty of room for her to add. A great place to use my new collection of washi tape, doodles, and some ACEOs I had done.





I love Lubomyr's hands! Isn't that a great stamp!
I'll keep you posted on how it looks upon return (which can be a while).

9 comments:

Joanna said...

What a brilliant and fun idea - you 2 are so well suited with your collaborations.

Looking forward to seeing what Lubomyr does to this great little book.

x
ps LOVE the hands stamp.
pps Did someone say WASHI TAPE!!!!! Yeah!

craftattack said...

Beautiful idea, and the little book is just great! Valerie

Barbara said...

Katie, you have the most fertile imagination, and I love the hands stamp your friend used! Waiting to see more of this little book!

Jenny said...

This book is so much fun. I love the faces and the hands. Really wonderful. What a happy day to get this in the mail!

Nicole Ringgold said...

Terrific art. I love your work.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh this is one sweet book, what a great idea. I am sure she will be thrilled to receive it. xox

Curator Violet said...

That is such an amazing idea. I love that it becomes a true collaboration.

Jill Eudaly said...

it turned out wonderful. combinding art is such a fab thing!

Donna, Doni, Lady D said...

So much fun! I love the book. Received your letter and the lovely Frida stickers. Thank you darlin'. Sorry I'm so slow, but I think I'm getting a little energy back. I did blog today and I have been working a little in my studio. Take care - sounds like you are having fun. xoDonna