Monday, March 26, 2012

"Oh, you get real mail."

I stop by the neighborhood mailbox on my way home from work every day. Today, there was a gathering of women around it, chatting. When I pulled out my pile, one of the women said, "Oh, you get real mail." As she said this, she held up her piles of bills. I told her I have great mail art friends and showed them Corrine's collaged card. Lots of ooh's and ahhh's! I should talk them into a mail art club!

Here's what I had today. Corrine's postcard (thank you much, cool gal!), an amazing card from my dear friend Jodie, and the fabulous cards I ordered on Etsy.


These cards are from ArboriCards, a gal in Brooklyn who gathers various botanical lovelies and makes these. Doesn't it look like the plant is real? I love them! The images carry around to the back of the card too. They are truly gorgeous, and really well priced.
 Check out her shop- I'm sure you'll love it!


Close ups of the blooming willow and red witchhazel.



Hope you all have a wonderful week and lots of sun!

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What beautiful post! Real mail can be sooooooooo lovely! Hugs, Valerie

Pipiluciana said...

Glad you liked it! Cool cards you got there! Those flower cards look so real, that's amazing!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous mail, Katie, way better than your neighbors, I'm sure! Thanks for the pics.

Anonymous said...

wow those cards you ordered are beautiful!!! Glad you got some notice at the Post Office!!! I am getting totally addicted to washi! xox Corrine

Mail Art Dramas said...

Love mail! and when it's from Corrine..well how can it get any better?