Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Sketchbook Project comes to Seattle!

We went up to Seattle today for The Sketchbook Project! It was a bit of a mad house but we were able to see a few, including mine. I didn't know how it would be set up and was a little upset we couldn't just browse around pulling out books that caught our eye. ( However, I understand this could have created chaos for the folks who organized the show.)

You had to check out books by category or name ( I wish I had written down blog friends who did the project! That would have been fun!) and someone who worked there would bring you two. It was great to see all the different styles and I was amazed by some of the fabric covers on books-- a whole lot of creativity out there for sure!  




One of my pages
I am still debating if I am going to do it again this year. I wanted to do one with more stitching and fabric incorporated into it. I better not wait too long like last year and end up in a rush!

13 comments:

MrCachet said...

Gabi Campanario has a blog called the Seattle Sketcher. He works for the Seattle Times newspaper. I'm wondering if he participated? It's so neat to be able to see what others are doing in the sketching arena. I'll bet you had a good time just 'browsing'!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, looks great. I am taking part this time, but am still at the stage of just looking some thoughts into my book! Valerie

MightyMoss said...

I started having the Art House folks pick out their favorite books for me. Such amazing work! Here's a video I put together from the Seattle show:

http://www.vimeo.com/25011967

Unknown said...

Wow Katie! So how may books were you able to look at? It is an awesome project. I'm participating this year ... so come on ... then we can compare notes. Your fabric ideas sound grand. It must have been exciting seeing and feeling all that energy in one room. xxDonna

Maddy*Moo said...

I have joined this for 2012 and Cannot wait to attend when it visits London, England. I was thinking about how to bind the book whether to bind in fabric or paper etc. What was the theme of your sketchbook?

Anonymous said...

My good friend here in Seattle went to this and is very inspired. I think we will sign up. That's pretty exciting that you go to see your own entry. My friend's blog is Saturday Joe at blogspot.com

Joni

Emma said...

It's a pity you couldn't just browse but you'd be there for a week! Mine got checked out, i got an email! But I'm under my DH's name - we did a colaboration. Great to have done it once.

Cassie Shella said...

Oh how really exciting! I bet that was fantastic to see - how inspiring. Yes you should do it again this year:) Your book page from your previous post looks amazing - have a Blessed week.

Pipiluciana said...

You did an Amazing job! How cool, to see it on display! What a great project.

somepinkflowers said...

yes
yes
yes
it was Amazing!

i was there
in seattle
with 3 of my blogging friends
and
we were all so impressed
and
happy to be among those
enjoying the creative energy!

did not see your journal
but wish i had...

maybe in july
in florida...

Mail Art Dramas said...

wish I could make one of the shows. my book just got scanned, has a strange blur in the middle fold..on every page. I got one for next year. i have a lot of friends not to happy about all the more their books have been checked out. all the work they did and no one looking at it.
did you have yours scanned? I hope so, would like to see the whole thing.
jill

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous! You did a great job!

Have a lovely week!
Gaby xo

creativelenna said...

what great photos. My book was in there somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: )lenna