I decided before I started sewing the many pieces of fabric with Grandpa's letters I would practice on a smaller project. First, I placed several of the old stamps my Grandma had collected over the decades on the scanner, then printed them on fabric. Then I used a pressed flower from her plant journal to scan and layer over the stamps. She kept a wonderful book of pressed flowers giving their common name, Latin name, where it was found ( usually near Pittsburgh, PA), and the date. This flower is labeled Fall Buttercup from Jarest Avenue, May 28th, 1937. I have added her photograph to it, quilted, and sewn on various buttons from her collection. I wasn't kidding when I said the Red Tin was full of treasures! I could be adding these things into my pieces for years to come and never run out.