Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 5: Raw Food (Meanwhile, my husband roasted a whole chicken)

Eating in the raw continues.
A fruit smoothie this morning. The oats I made the other day for brunch. Healthy snacks of celery with tahini and golden raisins. Fresh fruit.

( and, yes, I resisted the chicken.)

Pomegranate- always worth the work.


Tonight, I did a salad from the book. Peas, corn, pine nuts, pomegranate, and carrots, with a parsley dressing. The dressing is wonderful. 


I realized today that right after my week of raw food challenge is over, Indianapolis' "Devour Downtown" starts! Lots of restaurants running specials- perfect for exploring the city and new places to grab a bite! I already have my eye on a tapas place and a Turkish restaurant. 

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I bet that chicken was great! Have fun downtown! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

ha ha, Katie - always thinking ahead. You've done a fabulous job of your week. I've thoroughly enjoyed following along. Pictures have been very tempting. Enjoy downtown. xodonna

Penny said...

This has been a fun week in your kitchen.

Anonymous said...

That salad looks so fresh and wonderful. My lunch is usually a BIG salad - that's what WW likes, many fruits and veggies so this would be perfect.....xox

holly said...

The salad looks great, and it's really inspiring to see you going through with such a tough challenge! I'd love to try something like this.

Barbara said...

You go Katie, almost there! Not for me, but I'm enjoying it through you. ;)